All homeowners who wish to add or alter fences, sheds, or other exterior improvements in Stones Crossing Subdivision must complete the Architectural Approval Request Form and submit it to the Stones Crossing HOA Board. You should review the Stones Crossing Covenants to make sure the project is not specifically disallowed. Applications are approved on a case by case basis after ensuring it is in "harmony of external design and location in relation to surrounding structures".
1. Material (wood, vinyl, etc.)
2. Style (include photos if possible)
3. Height (must be 4-6ft)
4. Include a copy of the final plat of your property with the proposed location drawn in. If you did not receive a copy of your final plat in your closing documents you may be able to get a copy by contacting your builder, the Area Planning Commission, or the HOA.
a. take note of rear, and in some cases side drainage and utility easements noted on your plat, if you build on these easements your structure may be removed in the future at your expense!
b. fences should be located on the side property lines where possible so there are no gaps between yours and a neighbor’s fence
a. sides may be wood or vinyl siding
- wood - stained finish is acceptable but painted to match the home is preferred
- vinyl - siding must match the home
b. roof must be shingles that match the home
a. length x width - if greater than 120 square feet then a building permit from the county is required
b. height - 8' side wallmaximum
3. Include representative photos and/or blueprints
4. Provide a copy of the final plat of your property with the proposed location indicated. If you did not receive a copy of your final plat in your closing documents you may be able to get a copy by contacting your builder, the Area Planning Commission, or the HOA.
a. take note of side and rear setback lines indicated on your plat, usually 6ft from the side and 10ft from theback
b. if you build outside of the setback lines, or on a drainage and utility easement your structure may be removed in the future at your expense!
No other exterior improvements such as landscaping, pools, walls etc. may be constructed, nor any modifications be made to the exterior of the home without prior approval from the HOA Architectural Committee.
Copyright © 2020 Stones Crossing Homeowners Association - All Rights Reserved.
Edited and Published by Stones Crossing HOA Board.